Food Packaging QC & QA Technician
Who we are:
We are a 100% New Zealand owned business operating for the last 30 years. We position ourselves in the food and beverage packaging sector as a leader in flexible barrier packaging and offer smart, innovative, and environmentally responsible packaging solutions. Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality, most appropriate packaging solution and help reduce food waste through innovation, education, and advice.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a qualified lab technician to undertake laboratory testing of food contact packaging materials. The role is based in Silverdale, Auckland.
You will be responsible for ensuring the finished product meets the requirements of the established specifications by conducting checks on the material’s physical properties, printing quality and completing associated records by following testing SOPs.
Training will be provided upon starting and throughout your employment.
About the role:
Reporting to the QA Manager, your responsibilities may include:
- Liaise with sampling staff to ensure product samples are collected for tests.
- Perform batch release of finished products within the given time frame.
- Ensure all relevant QC records are kept up to date at all times.
- Ensure good laboratory practices are followed at all times.
- Investigating product complaints and finding out root cause, corrective and preventive actions.
- Contribute to and maintain the organisations procedures and documents relevant to the Quality System.
What you will bring to this role:
- Having worked in an analytical laboratory will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in the flexible packaging field is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of Quality Assurance Systems.
- A motivated, proactive team player.
- Effective time management and meticulous attention to details.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
If this is the role for you, please APPLY below and send us a CV and cover letter.