A range of world-first sustainable packaging options
Many consumers are now looking for new ways to reduce their impact on the planet and exercise more sustainable choices with their money. At Caspak we want to help our customers be part of this new consumer revolution by using innovative ideas in our sustainable packaging solutions.
We have developed a range of products that will not only fulfill your food packaging needs but also help you work towards a more sustainable future.
- Coming Q2 2021
- Recycle in the domestic recycling bin at home
- Bamboo is an unrivalled eco-superstar
- Industry leading shelf-life
- Helps reduce plastic waste
PCR PET Roll
- Fully recyclable at home
- No change to your processing
- No change to your machinery
- Medium and high barrier options
- Recycled via soft plastics recycling at store
- Constructed from single type of plastic
- Removes difficult to recycle plastic layers
- Suitable for dry, bakery and frozen products
Our Sustainable Range uses sustainable or recycled materials that provide the most efficient end-of-life process whilst maintaining shelf life quality
- A healthy planet means a healthy future
- Opportunity to become an early adoptor of the sustainable packaging future
- Sustainable packaging gives you a point of difference
- Helps you meet your 2025 national packaging targets
- Reduce your reliance on plastic and leverage green materials such as bamboo
- You can help build the circular economy in Australia and transition to sustainable solutions
- Rapidly reduce your material waste
- The global publicity around climate change means that no business can ignore their own sustainable credentials
NZ. Sam initiatives & goals
The Sam Initiatives have advised that 100% of packaging in New Zealand be reusable, recyclable or compostable. The targets also cover that all packaging needs on average 50% of post-consumer recycled within the product and 20% PCR within flexible packaging. These targets were agreed upon by industry and governments alike and are a step towards New Zealand becoming a circular economy.
At Caspak, we take this initiative seriously and want to work with you to develop sustainable packaging solutions that suit your needs and budget, at the same time as saving our planet.
Bamboo is an eco-superstar and game-changer for the packaging sector
Bamboo is rapidly becoming a viable alternative to plastic and has become a hot commodity in the sustainable marketplace. Bamboo requires no pesticides or fertilizers, and uses a third less water to grow than cotton. Bamboo grows rapidly, reduces soil erosion and absorbs five times more carbon dioxide while producing 35% more oxygen than trees.
… and bamboo can be recycled in your paper bin.
Our R&D strategy brings the most environmentally friendly solutions to you
At Caspak, our R&D department leaves no stone unturned in our quest to reduce waste by bringing to market a suite of sustainable packaging solutions of the highest quality.
We have developed our sustainable products to have the most efficient end of life process whilst maintaining shelf life. For our Bamboo Tray, for instance, we ran repulping and yield tests with Orora to make sure the tray didn’t require more energy output than the system could provide to turn to pulp.
These ongoing processes and tests enable us to ensure our products are aligned with our commitment to sustainability without being a burden to the system.